For your convenience, the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS), Division of Child Support Enforcement implemented a toll-free customer service number.
Customer Service representatives are available Monday through Friday, from 8 am to 4:30 pm (except state holidays).
Contact the Customer Service Call Center for help (other than legal advice). Staff can answer questions about child support and assist you in getting problems resolved. The Customer Service Call Center serves parents and persons with child support concerns.
Staff works with other Division of Child Support Enforcement offices to:
- Get information you need.
- Direct you to your closest child support office.
- Refer your concerns to the correct child support office.
- Take your application for child support services if you do not receive public assistance.
- Help locate an absent parent.
- Help you establish paternity.
- Establish, collect and update child support orders.
- Begin income withholding.
- Capture unemployment benefits.
- Obtain medical support.
- Check on the billing and status of your account.
If you are hearing impaired and have a telephone device for the deaf (TTY), you may call TTY 1-800-526-5812 to get answers to your child support questions.