- J through Z
- State's Attorney
- Felony Case Status
Felony Case Status
We strive to communicate with those involved with our felony cases such as victims and witnesses as best as circumstances will allow. The dynamic nature of the criminal justice process gives way to the possibility for delays. While we make every attempt to keep everyone updated as to the status of each case, unforeseen delays may occur at the last hour leaving us little time to get in contact with those who have received a notice to appear for court.
Those slated to testify on behalf of the State are instructed to phone the prosecuting attorney on the Friday prior to a scheduled trial beginning to verify whether the case will proceed as scheduled. We are excited to report that thanks to the Circuit Clerk's Office, a new feature is now available which allows the public to access current case information via our website. This is especially helpful for those who are unable to contact our office during business hours to verify whether a case remains set to proceed to trial as scheduled. Case information may be obtained through the JUDICI Case Search System.
To check the status of a case, access the JUDICI Case Search System and complete the following steps:
- Enter the case number in the CASE field. The year (Example: 04) must be specified using four digits. Our Notices and other documents may use the case number format such as 04CF1234. To do a search of this case in the JUDICI System, the format 2004CF1234 must be used.
- Click on the SEARCH button. A result will display.
- Click on the case number of the result shown. Additional case information will display.
- In the menu bar next to the defendant's name and case number, click on the History link.
- Case history information will display which includes updated court hearing dates.
We are always happy to answer any questions that you have and we encourage you to call us in the event that you are unable to find the information you seek via our website. We may be reached at 309-558-3250.