Current Codes Being Used (not inclusive of all Federal and State of Illinois Requirements):
- 2012 International Building Code (see Note 1)
- 2012 International Existing Building Code (see Note 1)
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code (see Note 1)
- 2012 International Mechanical Code (see Note 1)
- 2012 International Property Maintenance Code (see Note 1)
- 2012 International Residential Code (see Note 1)
- 2018 International Energy Conservation Code per Illinois Energy Efficient Buildings Act (20 ILCS 3125/1) (see Note 2)
- 2011 National Electrical Code (see Note 1)
- State of Illinois Plumbing Code (225 ILCS 320)
- Fire Codes - Per Fire Protection District and/or OSFM (2015 NFPA 101)
- Illinois Accessibility Code (410 ILCS 25)
- Rock Island County Subdivision Resolution (Adopted October 18, 1994) (PDF)
- Rock Island County Zoning Resolution (Amended Feb 15, 2022) (PDF)
- Rock Island County Stormwater Ordinance (PDF)
Note 1: with local amendments (PDF)
Note 2: with State amendments
Rock Island County has copies of these codes available for viewing during office hours. Unfortunately, some of these are copyright protected so we cannot post them on the Internet or make copies.
- The International Code Council (ICC) has made it free to view multiple versions of the I-Codes on their website. You can also purchase digital or hard copies of the code.
- The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) has made it free to view multiple versions of the National Electrical Code (NEC) on their website. You can also purchase digital or hard copies of the code.
Ice and Water Barrier
One of the most commonly asked question is whether or not we require Ice and Water Barrier. Simple answer is yes. In Rock Island County, with our weather, we have had a history of ice damming. This product helps protect your roof from ice and water working its way out of your gutter back up under your shingles. We have drafter a letter confirming this for use with your insurance companies, it is available on our downloads page.