Civil Union Records
To obtain a Certified Copy of a Civil Union Record, you must be:
- Partner One listed on the civil union license
- Partner Two listed on the civil union license
- Immediate family of partner one or partner two, or
- Those with written, notarized consent from the individuals
Civil Union Certificates are copies of a civil union license used to prove a civil union. To purchase a Certified Copy of a Civil Union Record, you will need the following:
- Partner One's full name at the time of the civil union
- Partner Two's full name at the time of the civil union
- The Month, Day and Year of the Civil Union
- The City that the Civil Union took place in
- Provide a valid photo ID such as a Driver's License or State ID.
- The fee is $15 for the first Certified Copy and $8 for each additional copy of same record purchased at the same time.
Attention: Personal checks will not be accepted!
To apply for a Certified Copy of a Civil Union Record in person, you will need:
- The above information
- The appropriate form, filled out
- A valid photo ID such as Driver's License or State ID
- Cash needed to purchase certificate(s)
- Credit or Debit Cards - an additional processing fee of $2.50 per order will be charged by the VitalChek Company for providing this service.
By Mail, Include the following:
- The above information
- The appropriate form - filled out
- A Cashier's Check or Money Order for the appropriate amount make out to the County Clerk. If a request is received with a lesser amount than what is required to process the request, the request will not be processed and all items will be returned to the sender
- A photocopy of a valid photo ID such as a Driver's License or State ID of the person requesting the certified record(s)
- The address where the certified record(s) are to be sent
Online Service through VitalChek Network, Inc. is now available to purchase Rock Island County civil union certificates. All major credit cards are accepted, (including Master Card®, Visa®, Discover® and American Express®) and with an additional fee of $10 per order. Use this service.
Current or Valid Photo ID
If you do not have a current or valid photo id such as a driver's license or state issued photo identification (ID), we will need two pieces of documentation with your name, one of which must show you current address, to prove your identity. One piece of documentation can be a bill or other mail. The other piece of documentation must be one of the following items:
- Medical/Car Insurance Card
- Paycheck stub with imprinted information
- Car Registration
- Credit Card Statement
- Bank Statement
- Public Assistance Card
- Voter Registration Card
- Active Duty Military ID with issue and expiration date
Matricula Consular card Issued after October 2006 is acceptable on its own. However, if issued prior to October 2006, we need one additional documentation showing current address as noted above. If you do not have any of the items listed above, please submit a copy of a current utility bill (electricity, cellular phone, water, etc.,) showing your name and your current address.
If your driver's license is expired and you have an extension sticker on the back, you must submit a copy of both sides.
If you have an expired driver's license that is no more than six months expired, we need ONE additional documentation showing your name and your current address.
If you are writing from a state or federal agency, you can submit a copy of your photo work badge.
Social Security cards are not acceptable.