Current Codes Being Used (not inclusive of all Federal and State of Illinois Requirements):
- 2012 International Building Code (see Note 1)
- 2012 International Existing Building Code (see Note 1)
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code (see Note 1)
- 2012 International Mechanical Code (see Note 1)
- 2012 International Property Maintenance Code (see Note 1)
- 2012 International Residential Code (see Note 1)
- 2018 International Energy Conservation Code per Illinois Energy Efficient Buildings Act (20 ILCS 3125/1) (see Note 2)
- 2011 National Electrical Code (see Note 1)
- State of Illinois Plumbing Code (225 ILCS 320)
- Fire Codes - Per Fire Protection District and/or OSFM (2015 NFPA 101)
- Illinois Accessibility Code (410 ILCS 25)
- Rock Island County Subdivision Resolution (Adopted October 18, 1994) (PDF)
- Rock Island County Zoning Resolution (Amended March 16, 2010) (PDF)
- Rock Island County Stormwater Ordinance (PDF)
Note 1: with local amendments (PDF)
Note 2: with State amendments
Rock Island County has copies of these codes available for viewing during office hours. Unfortunately, some of these are copyright protected so we cannot post them on the Internet or make copies.
- The International Codes are available for purchase from the International Code Council (ICC). You can also view multiple versions of the codes for free on their website. You may also find some codes available on this law resource website.
- The National Electrical Code (NEC) is available from the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). You may also find some codes available on this law resource website.
- The Illinois Plumbing Code can be viewed at Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH).