Paying in Person
Due Dates for the 2021 taxes (payable in 2022) are as follows:
- 1st installment due: June 9th, 2022
- 2nd installment due: August 9th, 2022
- 3rd installment due: September 9th, 2022
- 4th installment due: November 9th, 2022
Payments Made in Person
- You may pay in person at the Collector's office located in the County Building at 1504 Third Avenue, Rock Island, IL.
- When paying in person, please be sure that you are aware of the property address or parcel number of the taxes you are paying.
- You may pay by cash, check, money order or cashier's check when paying your real estate tax installments in person.
- When paying by check, money order or cashier's check, please make sure the amount is exact or we will be unable to accept the payment.
- Neither failure to receive a tax statement, nor receiving one late will relieve the taxpayer from paying the taxes or any penalties which may become due.
- Installments equal to at least one-fourth the total tax are due on or before the due dates shown on the front of this statement, or the full tax may be paid by the first installment due date.
- State law requires the installments not paid by the due dates shall have interest added at the rate of 1 1/2% per month or part of a month until paid, sold, or forfeited.
- No second notice will be mailed covering your third and fourth installment, as all four stubs are included with your original tax bill.
- Payments by mail are also accepted for drainage taxes and mobile home taxes.
- Payments received in the Treasurer's Office after November 28th, 2022, must be paid by cash, cashier's check, certified check or money order.
- The last day that property tax payments will be accepted is December 28, 2022. Taxes not paid by December 28 will be sold at the Rock Island County Tax Sale on December 29, 2022.
Please contact the Rock Island County Treasurer's Office at 309-558-3510 if you have any questions.