Virtual Appearance Courtrooms
You may request to appear remotely for your court appearance. Please send a request to schedule your remote appearance by calling our office or emailing our office. You must contact our office at least one week before your scheduled court appearance.
Once approved and scheduled, please see the courtrooms listed below for the appropriate courtroom for your hearing. Once you’ve located the appropriate courtroom click on the link shown. If you are still unsure, please contact the Circuit Clerk's Office at 309-558-3538.
Keep in mind, there could be multiple cases set in Traffic Court at the same time as yours. You will be checked in and your case will be heard in the order you check in. Make sure zoom has your complete name listed. If you appear with an ID listed as iPhone or something other than your name, you may not be admitted timely.
Additionally, you may sign up for text notifications and electronic copies of documentation from the Court. Submit this information by emailing our office.
Payment Hearing Officer
- Zoom Payment Hearing Officer Link
- Meeting ID: 854 4454 0749
Judge Thompson – Probate Case Management
Note: Make sure your name is visible and your hearing will be expedited. If you have filed your Annual Report in advance, you do not need to attend. The new due date will be sent to you.
- Zoom Judge Thompson Link
- or Dial 312-626-6799
- Meeting ID: 970 5862 2059
Remote Court Appearance Instructions
Follow the steps listed to prepare for a remote appearance. Start this process before your scheduled hearing time to make sure you are connected when court begins:
- If you already have a Zoom account, or the Zoom app on your cell phone, go directly to the link above to join the virtual courtroom. The virtual courtroom information is also listed on the first page of the Remote Appearance Handout you may have received or on a Notice of Remote Hearing sent to you.
- If you do not have a Zoom account, you can download the free Zoom app to your cell phone by visiting the App Store and search for Zoom or go to Zoom's website on a computer. Click the signup, its freebutton and follow the instructions to sign up for a few Zoom account.
- Once Zoom opens, select the join button on your cell phone, or the join a meeting link on your computer. Be sure the Zoom screen name being displayed is your legal name so you are recognized by the Court.
- A message box will appear asking for the Meeting ID. The Meeting ID and Password are listed above and the first page of the Remote Appearance Handout you may have received or on a Notice of Remote Hearing sent to you.
- The program should now show your face & you must select join with video. You may also need to select join with computer audio, or if you are using a cell phone select call using internet audio.
- Once the Court starts the “meeting” participants will initially be placed in a virtual “waiting room” pending admittance into the virtual “courtroom” by the Court.
- Be sure your screen name being displayed in the “waiting room” is your legal name.
- Once you are admitted to the “courtroom”, your audio will be muted until the Judge calls your case. When your case is called, your audio will be unmuted by the Court.
Remote Court Appearance Tips
- You should take time prior to the call to become familiar with the Zoom program and test your device’s microphone and speaker controls.
- Dress appropriately, as if you were coming in person to the Courthouse.
- Make sure you are in a quiet location.
- Make sure your background is court appropriate.
Disclaimer: Circuit Court Clerk staff are prohibited from providing legal advice.